Monday, July 21, 2008

Taking time to smell the Lavender


I had a strange dream last night. I worked retail at Gottschalk's and Joan Rivers was my boss. Go figure.

But anyway, I went to the 12th Annual Lavender Festival on Sunday in Sequim. Pronounced skwim. Over 3 days of festival the farms have about 33,000 visitors come through. I toured 3 farms. Cedar Brook, Purple Haze and then finally Angel Lavender Farm. When getting out of the car the first thing that hits you is the smell, which made walking through the lush purple fields heavenly. With that lavender fragrance filling the air it made me want to bottle it up and take the aroma home. So we did. The picture here to the left is at Angel. Cortney is picking/gathering a bundle to bring back with us. I also bought lavender soap (I can't ever stay away from soap), oil and some raspberry lavender jam. Did you know that one can make lavender ice cream? I drank some ice cold lavender lemonade and found it delicious but my favorite was the white chocolate raspberry lavender cheesecake. I never imagined all these things we can do with lavender. They even had lavender champagne. While heading back to the car Cortney spotted a twenty dollar bill on the grass. When she retrieved it we found it was actually 4o dollars, so we turned it in to the two elderly ladies at admission because that's how we roll and the ladies looked honest enough :-) I'll definitely go back next year.



Right now Amanda and Andrew are at their dads' so its just Cortney here at home.

No comments: