Thursday, July 31, 2008

yep

I saw Step Brothers in Lakewood Sunday evening after going to the zoo. Step Brothers had its funny moments, I guess it really depends on a persons idea of funny. But first I want to talk about the theater.

The theaters in the town I live in are crap compared to the Regal Cinema in Lakewood. This theater had stadium seating where the seats tier down and had the most comfortable chairs I've sat in while watching a movie on the big screen. The armrest lifts up so you can cuddle, fondle or pickpocket the person next to you, whatever your mood. They also have cup holders so just remember to take your coke out of the armrest before pulling it up (you know who you are).
My only gripe is the same complaint I have at every theater. Snack prices.

Amanda brought me back a bottled water from the concession stand, I asked her how much it was and she tells me it was $4.50..... $4.50! I yelped just a little to loudly. That's a gallon of gas!

But back to the movie, it was funny. There were some silly parts that I did not find humorous. Like when some kids make Brennan (Will Ferrel) lick white dog shit. Some of the jokes fell flat. However there were enough good ones to keep Step Brothers entertaining for a movie about two men 39 and 40 who act like 12 year olds. I would say that it was better than Semi Pro, but not nearly as good as Talladega Nights. So my advise would be to wait for it on DVD.*

No comments: