Monday, April 23, 2007

OUT, out

"Did we go out at all last month?" I ask my husband. I usually have a memory like a steel trap, and I don't recall getting out last month. 'getting out' haha I say it like I'm breaking out of prison

He closes his eyes thinking..."No" he says slowly, " I think we went out to dinner for our birthdays, but not OUT, out."

Hmmm.....
I think I may need a break, and I don't mean a night at the symphony and at the same time I also don't mean a 'Britney Spears' night either, with the runny mascara smeared all over my face, tramping all over town with my gross party sweat, while showing the world my lack of underwear.
brit-ugly
Isn't she cute? I have some photos like that.

I just need a rated-R night, without the kids. One where the hubby and I get to hang out with other adults, play poker, swear, tell off color jokes, maybe go out dancing, talk loud and have some drinks.

Catching a concert sounds like fun too. Or maybe hanging out at Pioneer Square in Seattle. I'll be checking in with different venues to see what's going on where in the next couple weeks.

Until then, I am a work at home employee, part-time chauffer, cook, nurse, dog bathing, mom who wouldn't want it any other way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

These champagne glasses grew on me,

salt 088

My husband calls them "The Cat in the Hat" champagne glasses.

They were given to me by my sister, she had regifted them to me because she absolutely hates the stems.

I'm saving them for a time when I'll have a 'Mexican' themed party with festive music and everyone will want champagne instead of margaritas and tequila. When that times comes, I'll have the perfect glasses.

Probably not going to happen. But I do have them just in case.

My journal one year ago today "Fake Bake Junkie"

No comments: